- The much-awaited light and sound show at the world famous Sun Temple at Konark in Odisha has been inaugurated.
- The 35-minute show was inaugurated at the 13th century temple by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik
- The light and sound show would be available to tourists in three different languages and they would be able to enjoy the programme through customised headphones.
- Headphones would be used in order to check noise pollution at the UNESCO Heritage site.
- The Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) spent Rs 5.56 crore on the project
- Two shows would be held every evening, At least 250 people could be accommodated per show.
- Tourists will have to choose their preferred language to listen to the narration while purchasing tickets for the light and sound show and the headphones will be set accordingly.
- All tourists will have to pay Rs 50 each to watch the show.