Thirkan is the dance event which takes place in the annual cultural fest of XIMB i.e XPressions. Around 6-7 teams from different colleges all over India showcase their best talent in dance and compete for the cash prize.
Thirkan :: Xpressions’2015 ::
• The team size should be a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 members.
• All teams must register on the “Xpressions Website”. All details about the registration are available on the website.
• The competition will consist of ONE ROUND.
• Cross College Teams not allowed.
• Professional Dance groups not allowed.
• All participants must be students of the college and must have their identity cards to validate the same for the competition.
• Time Limit: Empty Stage to Empty Stage – 10 mins.
• The theme for Thirkan’15 is “Around the world”.
• The teams are required to use at least two dance forms and a maximum of four.
• The combinations of the dance forms should be a unique and innovative one, i.e. a non-generic combination (for example, salsa + classical) would be given more weightage than a generic combination (for example, Bollywood + hip hop).
• If the teams are using any props or additional items, they have to be brought by the teams themselves but the organizers hold the final discretion of allowing it on stage for the final performance.
• The teams will be judged on the basis of their creativity, innovative combination of the dance forms used, synchronization & coordination and choreography.
• The participants will be additionally marked on their selection of costumes and their relevance to the theme.
• Pre-recorded music should be brought in a CD/DVD or a pen drive in .mp3 format only (Other formats may not be supported on the computer – it is recommended to not use them).
• In case of any disputes and conflicts of interest, the decision of the organizing committee will be final.
• Teams must get their own Master of Ceremony and stage assistants if required.
• Obscenity of any kind is not allowed and will lead to immediate disqualification.
• The decision of the judges shall be final and binding on all participating teams.